Practicing Law Since 1993
Call Today 303-675-0100
  • NOTE: Labels in bold are required.

Attorney Christopher T. Braddock, a Colorado criminal defense lawyer.

Meet Christopher
"I will fight to protect your rights &
work hard to strategize an effective defense."

Sex Crimes Attorney in Denver

sex crimesOnce you have been convicted of a sex crime, you may be required to register as a sex offender for years or even for life. However, it may be possible for you to have your name removed from the sex offender registry in certain situations. Sex offender registry removal can help you regain some sense of privacy, give you freedom when seeking housing and enable you to take advantage of more opportunities that may have previously eluded you.

If you have questions or concerns about possibly being removed from the sex offender registry, I can help. I am attorney Christopher T. Braddock and I have over 20 years of experience representing individuals located in and around Denver, Colorado. I take the time to explain sex offender registry removal to my clients and aggressively advocate for their rights at every stage of the case.

The laws that govern the registration of sex offenders in Colorado are complex. The length of time you have to stay on the registry depends entirely on the type of offense you were convicted for. When dealing with potential sex offender registry removal, it is important to know that there are certain eligibility waiting periods that apply to certain types of convictions. Below is a brief description of some of the waiting periods and the corresponding crimes:

  • 10 Years: Unlawful sexual contact, class 1 misdemeanor or any class 4, 5 or 6 felony
  • 5 Years: Misdemeanor offenses other than class 1 (including indecent exposure)
  • Upon case dismissal: Deferred judgment and sentence for underlying offenses (deferred sentence)
  • The law allows for people convicted of class 1, 2, or 3 felonies to be removed from the list after 20 years after discharge of sentence.
  • Juvenile Adjudications, after successful completion of probation or turning 18, whichever is later.

You have the right to petition the district court for an order directing removal from the central sex offender registry. The statute also provides specifics in regards to filing with the court and providing lawful notice to others of your petition for removal. I can help you with the deregistration petition and standing up for your rights in court.

For information and guidance about getting off the sex offender list or deregistration, contact an experienced defense lawyer, at my Denver law firm today. During your free initial consultation we can discuss your rights and begin to immediately build your defense.